The Volkswagen Club of WA presents our biggest event of the year - Day of the Volkswagen on Sunday December 5th 2021 at Wilson Park, South Fremantle.
This is not a Show ‘n Shine... it’s the Day of the Volkswagen, so bring your Dub along! The theme this year is "Patina".
Entry to display vehicles:
$20 Non Members
Pedestrians are free
Entrants displaying their vehicle MUST arrive between 8am & 10am -NO EARLIER OR LATER
STRICTLY NO VEHICLE MOVEMENT UNTIL 2PM
Pre-registering is NOT required
Charity Raffles - Prizes - Swap & Sell - VWCWA Merchandise - Bouncy Castle - Food & Coffee Vendors.... it's all happening on Sunday 5th December.
Please be respectful and kind to our great team of VOLUNTEERS
Commercial Interests please contact Jamie Barrett - 0408 183 396
Day of the Volkswagen - Judging Procedure
This is not a Show ‘n Shine... it’s the Day of the Volkswagen, so bring your Dub along! The theme this year is “Patina”. They are rare unspoiled survivors that tell a story of an interesting and varied past.
At our Day of the Volkswagens it’s the participants who do the voting.
All displayed vehicles are in the running for a prize and the “entrants” will be the judges.
Entrants will receive a voting form as they drive through the gate and each vehicle will receive a unique numbered sticker on the windscreen.
Once parked participants then go for a wander, check out the Dubs and fill out their form, voting for their favourite vehicle in each of the 13 categories listed below.
COMPLETED voting forms are then handed in at the Show Bag Stand in the Club tent between 10:30am - 12pm NO EARLIER THAN 10:30 PLEASE
There are 200 show bags to give away to people who hand in their COMPLETED voting form.
In addition all entrants who hand in a COMPLETED voting form will go in the draw to win a unique Laser Etched Timber Serving Table.
TIP - Beetle Owners - Display the year of your Beetle in the Window to assist first time “judges”
- Pre 1968 Beetle - 1938 to 1967 (inc) Has flat windscreen also has 5 stud wheels
- Beetle Post 1967 - 1968 (inc) to 1976 Has curved front window and 4 stud wheels
- Split Screen Kombi (NOT ute/panelvan) - Has two front windows
- Bay Window Kombi (NOT ute/panelvan) - 1968 to 1979 BAY WINDOW Kombi
- Ute or Panelvan (all years) - Single Cab, Double Cab, Panel Van, commercial or not
- T3/T25 Transporter - 1979 to 2002 Van, Kombi (Wedge)
- Water Cooled Standard - T4, T5, T6, Golf, Passat, Jetta, Up, Polo, New Beetle, Arteon, Toureg, Corrado, Scirocco, Amarok, Phaeton, Tiguan, EOS, Caddy
- Water Cooled Modified - as per Category above "but a bit more”
- Karmann - Karmann Ghia, Karmann Beetle convertible
- Type 3 - Notchback, Squareback, Fastback
- Buggy - Country Buggy, Beach Buggy, Baja Bug
- Display - Best presented inside and out, themed or not
- Patina - Any category - Not rusted through but ratty, good mechanicals, structurally sound (great chassis), has Patina, generally restored but not necessarily shiny, vintage accessories, bonus of wheels from another vehicle/period year.