normal Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #17669 by PICT
PICT created the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
Just wondering if anyone ever bought an engine that had been in a beetle that came with manifolds that you couldn't use due to them being too small to mount anything? If so and you still have them, then you may have a buyer for them.

I've just picked some carbs from a guy who kept them when he was selling his engine, but thinks the manifolds might have gone with the engine some years ago. I am finding it hard to get something to fit, so if I want to fit them I might need to get some custom work done. They are webers but old webers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #17670 by 63BUS
63BUS replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
What webers are they? Look like IDF pattern. Show a photo the sides.

More
1 week 4 days ago #17673 by PICT
PICT replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
They are a bit older and rarer than I thought they were originally.

They are Weber 35 IDM’s I think from the build numbers that they must have come off a late 50’s Maserati

More
1 week 4 days ago #17676 by 63BUS
63BUS replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
On the CAL Look forum there is an old post where some guy is selling 3 x 48IDM's for $19,000. Sell them to some Maserati freak and that will pay for a whole new engine with some IDA's. Doubt you could get a rebuild kit anyway.

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #17677 by PICT
PICT replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
I think anything with these carbs is going to be custom, just now i'm in the frame of mind that the only options will either be sold on, or kept as display items for my man cave, would have been good to try them out though, now where to find a Maserati freak....

More
1 week 4 days ago #17678 by vwjon
vwjon replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
i buy lots of stuff that doesn't fit, make do n mend, or get the hammer out!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TIC TAC TOW. VW transportation service. 0484 81 83 85.
POKE-DUBS, YOU GOTTA GET 'EM ALL!!

More
1 week 3 days ago #17681 by shaihulud
shaihulud replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
Hi Jon.

If they are exotic enough to be off a Maserati or some such, contact Auto Delta in Malaga. They work on Italian exotica. They just might be in desperate need of them.

Alternatively they might be able to identify them and point you at a buyer.

A few years ago The VW Club visited someone with a big workshop in Bayswater or thereabouts one evening, He had two Maserati Mistrals. He could be a good contact. Ask Ray.. I think he organised it. He was there.

More
1 week 1 day ago #17686 by KalgoorlieGreg
KalgoorlieGreg replied the topic: Did you buy an engine with manifolds you couldn't use?
If you have some aluminium intake manifolds, I can modify them and make it work. Factory ones are cast aluminium?

Moderators: 66splitMaHargBJkarmannjustbugginMillsy
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Share...

Follow Us On...