normal Noh2o.... its gone!

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #17659 by Gaz
Gaz replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
Yep NOH20 is no longer.....looks like I will be hanging around here now ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #17660 by vwjon
vwjon replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
maybe the club should do more self promotion, keep this forum live and kicking!

TIC TAC TOW. VW transportation service. 0484 81 83 85.
POKE-DUBS, YOU GOTTA GET 'EM ALL!!

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #17661 by Gaz
Gaz replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
NOH20 suddenly went very quiet a while back, a very few people were posting and the site went stale...shame really, so its good to see a few familiar faces here.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #17667 by shaihulud
shaihulud replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
I don't understand all this computer website stuff, so I'll ask what is possibly a silly question.

Would it be the possible to buy the whole web site and add it to this one as a complete view only annex of some sort?

We recently lost another local site; sandscene.com which was a very good little site.

Could they both be saved and kept on line by this site?

I doubt that they would be expensive or costly to run.

Over to you, committee.

PS While you are at it, MAKE THIS NARROW LITTLE TYPE IN PLACE BIGGER. Thank you.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #17668 by davesss
davesss replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
Gday Richard.

The website is kept open by paying the people that own the space. If someone pays the "provider", then they can rent the space again and re-open the website. This will then get access to the info contained there, a bit like paying library fees I guess.
And then yes, you are then legally allowed to recover/reuse/remove/replace the info contained within. This has been done before on other websites, where the history of the website complete with all its photos and information/contacts has been stored as a "Read Only" interesting section "attached" to the main website.......in this case us. This has been done on www.Cal-Look.no/Lounge (based in Norway), in the top right corner is the "Nostalgia" section that came from the Cal Look Forum based in the US that shut many years ago.
The cost is not huge really, although there is an expense due to the obvious extra space needed to be rented to be able to contain the extra information (Renovations and extensions to the "Library"?), but the biggest hurdle is the incredible amount of time needed to be invested to be able to recapture the info and store it in a format that is compatible for the users/viewers and the host site.

Oh, and I'm with you, I know the text window can be increased once you're in there, but it would be nice if we could increase the size across the board, please.
:)

PS: I apologise if you know most of this, just an explanation as I understand it.

Old School Volksies

More
1 week 4 days ago #17674 by shaihulud
shaihulud replied the topic: Noh2o.... its gone!
Thanks Dave.

It's a pity that we have lost NoH2O. Oh well. Life goes on.

Moderators: 66splitMaHargBJkarmannjustbugginMillsy
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Share...

Follow Us On...