normal Hello all

More
2 months 1 week ago #17445 by Johnno351
Johnno351 created the topic: Hello all
Been hunting an air-cooled VW for some time, trying to find the right one for me and I came across a Baja bug that's was enough to get me to open the wallet.
Now going through and sorting it into something that runs well is the next step, the last owner spent lots of money but not always on the right bits, have a carby that is way to big and run horrible, it's running a Weber 44 idf on a 1600 twin port, over fueling badly, that carb needs to be on a worked 1800 or bigger.
The hunt is on for most likely a solex 34 and also need the manifold to suit.
And one here done a stroker and looking for a bigger carb?

The body is in good shape but needs to be one colour, not bad for a 59, nice interior, 4 wheel disc brakes, new rims and tyres, new exhaust. Already have a rear bar on order to make that exhaust a bit safer. Look forward to seeing you on the road.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #17447 by vwjon
vwjon replied the topic: Hello all
Hello and welcome, its a mean looking machine!, you will need a cage for the engine, front bars and while you're at it side bars too. hopefully see it in the flesh soon. Jon

TIC TAC TOW. VW transportation service. 0484 81 83 85.
POKE-DUBS, YOU GOTTA GET 'EM ALL!!

More
2 months 1 week ago #17450 by Docker2013
Docker2013 replied the topic: Hello all
Looks great!

More
2 months 1 week ago #17451 by KalgoorlieGreg
KalgoorlieGreg replied the topic: Hello all
I know I have a spare carb in my parts collection. I'll have a look after work and tell you what it is. Unknown condition, will need a kit put through it. I got it in a loose parts lucky dip!

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #17590 by BJ
BJ replied the topic: Hello all
Hi Johnno - That is a monster ! (in a nice way) welcome to the forum and like Jon said "I look forward to seeing that in the flesh)

Cheers Jamie

Moderators: 66splitMaHargBJkarmannjustbugginMillsy
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Share...

Follow Us On...